Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Arkham City: Intro

I know the World Series of Baseball starts today, but seeing as no teams from Gotham City are participating, I find it hard to focus on the sport.  Especially since there are such exciting events going on in the world of my alter ego, The Batman.  Yes, it's true, the bat is out of the bag: the blogger you all knew as Pankin is, in fact, the true caped crusader, protecting the innocent citizens from nefarious villains that threaten the very fabric of our society.  I couldn't hold in the truth any longer ever since the release of a highly anticipated video game chronicling my latest adventures through that maze of sin and death known as Arkham City.

The folks at Rocksteady Games did such a great job of portraying me and my adventures through Arkham Asylum two years ago that I graciously extended them the license for using my likeness and personal history a second time.  They took a little liberty with the character design (notice the discrepancy between the REAL Batman (me, right) and a ludicrously exaggerated statue of the version of "Batman" used in the game (left)).  But the replication of my patented fighting style, the use of the gadgets included in my utility belt, and the choice of actor to impersonate my voice (Kevin Conroy from the Animated Series) are all second to none.

What follows is a series of excerpts from my personal case files that were compiled during the actual adventures upon which Batman: Arkham City is based.  As you may know, I'm not in the habit of publishing my own personal notes, preferring to filter them through various channels such as comic books, television shows, and feature films.  But based on the hype surrounding the release of this game, I figure I'd make an exception.

Please enjoy the outpourings of my expert detective's intellect as I take you through a harrowing journey into the heart of.... ARKHAM CITY!

Fair warning: SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW!

Part 1: Opening Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment