Monday, October 1, 2012

Star Wolf Appraises my Fantasy Football Team

I know this is first and foremost a baseball blog, and there is obviously no shortage of baseball to blog about, as there are still 2 out of 3 AL division winners to be determined. But there is something that I have to get off my chest.

As I may have mentioned, I have joined the ranks of the thousands upon thousands of Americans who enjoy fantasy football for the first time this season. In my preparations for the season, I read some articles by Matthew "The Talented Mr. Roto" Berry, and in one of which he admonished fantasy players not to be "that guy" - the kind of guy who gloats and roots for players to get injured and won't shut up about his team. Because, in the words of TMR, "Nobody wants to hear about your fantasy team."

However, after the three Chicago Bears on my squad put up an astonishing 45 points to overcome a 38-point deficit heading into MNF, which gave my team - the Cajun Outlaw Rat Bastards - a 4-0 record to start my rookie fantasy football season, the immortal words of Wolf O'Donnell, leader of the famed Star Wolf team of space mercenaries, came to my mind:



No comments:

Post a Comment