Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Post Number One

Greetings baseball fans and other interested parties! Welcome to my brand new weblog, “Thoughts About Baseball and Life!” I know, I know, just what the world needs, right? Another twenty-something with a college degree entering the blogosphere. But I read an article on CNN.com about how blogging can help my career, so I figured I’d go for it. I also have word from fairly reputable sources that the tubes of the Inter-web are not in fact clogged beyond repair, so I guess one more little blog couldn’t hurt.

But what career exactly is this blog meant to help? Someone once asked me if I wanted to be a baseball writer. I responded, “No, not exactly; I’d rather be a writer who writes about baseball.” Hence the two different title topics around which most of the conversation will revolve. I know the latter one – namely, “Life” – is a bit of a broad subject to blog about (but, in the end, isn’t every blog essentially about… life? Think about it). But hopefully the narrower topic will temper the broader topic – I’ve always said that baseball is a microcosm of life – in a way that will make both of them manageable and interesting.

So, to all travelers of the Internet (don’t you love how Microsoft auto-correct still wants to capitalize “Internet?” Maybe I just have an older version of the program, but it seems somehow right to show the web some reverence) who happen to stop by here, I wholeheartedly welcome you and any comments, concerns, contributions, or other input you choose to send my way. And I hope you all enjoy reading my blog as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy writing it!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great site! Informative and extremely well written.

    ReplyDelete